Friday 1 February 2013

WTF

Received a response from the council.

On 1 February 2013 15:07,
Stringwell, Antony wrote:

Ewen
As I had promised, officers working in my team have visited the site and have produced a costed programme of work that will address the present barriers prohibiting the use of the Middleton Marauders site for the purposes of archery.

The capital costs involved, including fencing improvements, the introduction of lockable access gates, a storage container and additional fencing to secure the access next to the club house building, would be £8.5k. In addition we would anticipate a further cost of £1.5k in legal and surveyor fees to draft the necessary license document.

While I appreciate this is a significant capital sum I would be happy to offer the support of my team, who could offer guidance on available funding sources.

At this point I think it would be useful for you and I to meet so I can provide more detail the proposals I have outlined above.  Also, I would like to explore with you further the possibility of your club utilising the Middleton Leisure Centre site, which I think could facilitate the activities of your club both in the summer and winter. I would be grateful if you could please confirm your availability to meet in the week commencing the 11th Feb. I would be happy to meet in the evening if that would be more convenient for you.     In the meantime should you wish to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks
Tony Stringwell

No comments:

Post a Comment